The early results are in and it looks like the incumbents may prevail in the Anaheim City Council election.
Incumbent Steve Faessel is leading in District 5 with almost 54% of the vote over Sabrina Quezada and Kenneth Batiste.
Incumbent Denise Barnes is in a tighter race in District 1 with 40.82% of the vote over challenger Jose Diaz who has 40.46% of the vote.
Avelino Valencia is leading in the race for the open seat in District 4 with 52.48% of the vote.
Here are the early results in the State Legislative races:
- Sharon Quirk-Silva, the incumbent in the 65th State Assembly District, is leading with over 62% of the vote over her Republican challenger Cynthia Thacker
- Republican Janet Nguyen is losing to Democrat Diedre Nguyen in the race for the 72nd Assembly District by a margin of a couple percentage points. This race is still very close.
- Tom Daly, the incumbent in the 69th Assembly District, is leading comfortably over Trumper Jon Paul White with over 75% of the vote.
- Irvine City Councilwoman Melissa Fox, a Democrat, is leading in the race for the 68th Assembly District over incumbent Steven Choi by about 5 percentage points
- Josh Newman is leading the Republican incumbent, Ling Ling Chang, with 56% of the vote in the 29th State Senate District
- In a shocker incumbent Republican John Moorlach is losing to Democratic challenger Dave Min in the 37th District by about 14 percentage points
The Democrats are holding on to the local House seats in the early results:
- Gil Cisneros is leading with 52% of the vote in the 39th District, over Republican Young Kim – that margin could be larger as that District includes voters in L.A. County who typically vote Democrat
- Katie Porter is leading with over 60% of the vote in the 45th District, over Republican Greg Raths
- Lou Correa is leading with over 72% of the vote in the 46th District over Republican James Walters
- Harley Rouda is leading with over 55% of the vote in the 48th District over Republican Michelle Steel
- Mike Levin is leading with over 51% of the vote in the 49th District over Republican Brian Maryott, however that vote is misleading as that District includes voters in San Diego County who typically vote Democrat