In efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19, effective Monday, August 3, 2020, Orange County Clerk-Recorder Hugh Nguyen will be moving his department’s marriage services to Honda Center in Anaheim for a second time this year. Marriage services at Honda Center are by appointment only from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Honda Center is located at 2695 E. Katella Ave, corner of Katella and S. Douglass Road. Customers must complete their marriage license application and make an appointment online at the following link: https://www.ocrecorder.com/services/marriage.
No walk-in service will be available at this time.
“COVID-19 numbers are not getting better and demand for marriage services isn’t slowing down,” said Clerk-Recorder Hugh Nguyen. “Most of our neighboring county clerk-recorders have closed their offices, which will likely lead to an increase in demand for marriage services here in Orange
County. I am very grateful that Honda Center can accommodate us once again. I would like to thank everyone at Honda Center and my staff for helping make this possible.”
The department will be implementing strict social distancing guidelines as well as other limitations to ensure the safety of the couples and staff.
The following limitations will apply for marriage services:
- Upon arrival at Honda Center, couples must wait inside their cars until a staff member contacts them by phone to approach the booth for their appointment.
- For couples looking to obtain a marriage license, only the couple can be present. No guests allowed.
- For couples looking to obtain a public marriage license and have a ceremony performed, only the couple and one witness may be present. No guests allowed.
- For couples looking to obtain a confidential marriage license and have a ceremony performed, only the couple can be present. No guests allowed.
- Couples will need to pay fees with a check or money order made payable to the Orange County Clerk-Recorder. No cash or credit card payments accepted.
- Couples must present a valid government-issued photo identification at their appointment.
- No walk-in customers will be taken at this time. Everyone must have an appointment.
- Clerk-Recorder staff will be providing services from inside Honda Center’s box office booths to ensure that a protective barrier exists between them and the couples. Again, couples must wait inside their cars until a staff member contacts them by phone to approach the booth for their appointment. This will ensure there is always a minimal amount of people at the booths.
- For more information about the services being offered by the Clerk-Recorder Department, please call the department’s information line at (714) 834-2500, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or visit OCRecorder.com.