Today, April 29, the OC Health Care Agency reported a total of 2,252 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Orange County and 316 cases in Anaheim.
The California Department of Public Health reported 46,500 cases statewide and 1,887 deaths as of April 28.
Here is how other major cities in Orange County are faring:
- Santa Ana reports 330 cases
- Huntington Beach reports 214 cases
- Irvine reports 126 cases
- Garden Grove reports 99 cases
- Newport Beach reports 97 cases
- Orange reports 84 cases
- Buena Park reports 76 cases
- Fullerton reports 74 cases
- Westminster reports 40 cases
- Costa Mesa reports 38 cases
- Tustin reports 38 cases
- Fountain Valley reports 31 cases
- TOTAL CASES: 1,005,147
- 23,901 New Cases
- TOTAL DEATHS: 57,505
- 2,247 New Deaths
How People Can Protect Themselves
Every person has a role to play. Protecting yourself and your family comes down to common sense:
- Staying home except for essential needs/activities.
- Practicing social distancing.
- Washing hands with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Covering a cough or sneeze with your sleeve, or disposable tissue. Wash your hands afterward.
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
- Staying away from work, school or other people if you become sick with respiratory symptoms like fever and cough.
- Following guidance from public health officials.
What to Do if You Think You’re Sick
Call ahead: If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough or shortness of breath) and may have had contact with a person with COVID-19, or recently traveled to countries with apparent community spread, call your health care provider before seeking medical care so that appropriate precautions can be taken.
For more information about what Californians can do to prevent the spread of COVID-19, visit Coronavirus (COVID-19) in California.
California continues to issue guidance on preparing and protecting California from COVID-19. Consolidated guidance is available on the California Department of Public Health’s Guidance web page.