ORANGE COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY NEWS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Case # 14NF4890
Date: May 12, 2017
SANTA ANA, Calif – A man was sentenced to 52 years to life in state prison today of stabbing and murdering his mother’s boyfriend outside of a residence in Anaheim.
Defendant: Ruben Martinez, 29, Anaheim
- Found guilty by a jury on March 3, 2017, of: One felony count of first degree murder
- Sentencing Enhancement: Personal use of a deadly weapon
Sentence: 52 years to life in state prison
Circumstances of the Case:
- At approximately 8:00 p.m. on Nov. 16, 2014, Martinez stabbed 52-year-old Maximino F. multiple times in the torso region while they were outside a home in a neighborhood in unincorporated Anaheim.
- The crime was reported to the Orange County Sheriff’s Department (OCSD) who arrived at the scene and discovered the victim’s body on a street near the home.
- The victim died as a result of his injuries. OCSD arrested the defendant at the scene.
Prosecutor: Senior Deputy District Attorney Keith Burke, Homicide Unit.
TONY RACKAUCKAS, District Attorney
Susan Kang Schroeder, Chief of Staff
Michelle Van Der Linden,Spokesperson