FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media contact: Ruth Ruiz, (714) 765-5060 office, (714) 420-7797 mobile
MORNING ROAD CLOSURES IN ANAHEIM FOR TINKER BELL HALF MARATHON, JAN. 18-19
ANAHEIM, Calif. (Jan. 16, 2014) Runners, joggers and walkers will take to the streets of Anaheim on Saturday and Sunday mornings, Jan. 18-19, during the 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend. The Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend, taking place Friday – Sunday, Jan. 17-19, is part of runDisney’s series of events in Anaheim. Please note the following temporary road closure schedule for Saturday and Sunday mornings only.* Commuters are encouraged to plan accordingly.
SATURDAY, JAN. 18
•Disneyland Dr. (12:00-8:30 a.m.) between Katella and Magic Way
•Disneyland Dr. (5:30-7:30 a.m.) between Magic Way and Ball Rd.
•Magic Way (5:30-7:30 a.m.) between Disneyland Dr. and Walnut St.
•Katella Ave. (6:00-8:30 a.m.) between Disneyland Dr. and Harbor Blvd.
•Harbor Blvd. (6:00-8:30 a.m.) between Katella and Disney Way
•Disney Way (6:00-8:00a.m.) between Harbor Blvd. and Clementine
•Clementine/Manchester (6:00-8:00 a.m.) between and Disney Way and Harbor Blvd.
•Harbor Blvd. (6:00-8:00 a.m.) between Manchester and Disney Way
SUNDAY, JAN. 19
· Disneyland Dr. (12:00–10:00 a.m.) between Katella and Magic Way
· Disneyland Dr. (4:30-7:30 a.m.) between Magic Way and Ball Rd. (Access to Mickey and Friends Parking only)
· Ball Rd. (4:30-7:30 a.m.) between Disneyland Dr. and Harbor Blvd.
· Harbor Blvd. (4:30-9:00 a.m.) between Ball Rd. and Disney Way (runners will continue the course through the Disneyland Resort property; I-5 fwy northbound off-ramp to south Harbor Blvd. closed between 5:00-8:00 a.m., and I-5 fwy southbound off-ramp closed between 5:00-8:00 a.m.). The southbound Disney Way off-ramp from the I-5 fwy will be closed between 5:00-10:00 a.m.
· Walnut St. (4:30-7:30 a.m.) between Magic Way and Manchester Ave.
· Broadway (4:30-8:00 a.m.) between Manchester Ave. and Anaheim Blvd.
· Harbor Blvd. (4:30-8:00 a.m.) between Broadway and Center Street
· Center Street (4:30-8:00 a.m.) between Harbor Blvd. and Anaheim Blvd.
· Harbor Blvd. (4:30-8:00 a.m.) between Broadway and Ball Rd.
· Ball Rd. (4:30-8:30 a.m.) between Harbor Blvd. and Anaheim Blvd.
· Anaheim Blvd. (4:30-9:00 a.m.) between Ball Rd and Disney Way.
· Disney Way (4:30-9:00 a.m.) between Anaheim Blvd. and Clementine.
· Clementine (4:30-9:00 a.m.) between Disney Way and Harbor Blvd.
· Race concludes on the Disneyland Resort property.
The Tinker Bell Half Marathon course will take participants on Anaheim city streets, past landmarks and entertainment stations, and through the Disneyland Resort on a course different from the Disneyland Half Marathon event, traditionally held over the Labor Day weekend. The Tinker Bell Weekend also includes the Neverland 5K, Kids Races, and Pasta in the Park party. In addition, a health and fitness expo featuring merchandise products, apparel and guest speakers will take place at the Disneyland Hotel.
For more information please visit www.runDisney.com.
*Times are Pacific Standard Times and approximations. Information is subject to change without notice.
ABOUT ANAHEIM –The City of Anaheim, founded in 1857, is one of the nation’s premier municipalities and is one of California’s most populous cities. Anaheim covers 50 square miles with more than 346,000 residents and more than 2,900 City employees. The municipal corporation’s annual budget is $1.6 billion. Anaheim supports a thriving business community with companies such as Carl Karcher Enterprises, Inc., L-3 Communications, Pacific Sunwear, and Disneyland Resort. Successful sports franchises call Anaheim home, including Angels Baseball, Anaheim Ducks, the U.S. Men’s National Volleyball Team, and the 2012 Olympic Games Silver Medal winning U.S. Women’s National Volleyball Team. Anaheim also boasts world-class meeting and entertainment venues with the Anaheim Convention Center, LEED-certified and the largest on the west coast, Honda Center, City National Grove of Anaheim, Anaheim GardenWalk, and Angel Stadium of Anaheim. In addition, Anaheim embraces its vibrant cultural arts community, including the world-renowned Anaheim Ballet. Annually, Anaheim welcomes millions of visitors to the city, truly making it where the world comes to live, work and play. For more information, please visit www.anaheim.net.