Five local Orange County High School Juniors and recent High School graduates have been chosen to take part in the 2013 Bank of America Student Leaders Program. Bank of America created its Student Leaders Program in 2004; a program that offers our nation’s high school students an opportunity to participate in a leadership program at their local community nonprofit. This year, all five students from Orange County will be interning at the Second Harvest Food Bank. Located below are this year’s Orange County recipients.
- Matthew-Dean Brian Argame — Anaheim, CA — Loara High School (will attend Cal State Long Beach)
- Angela Zhou — Anaheim, CA — Troy High School (will attend University of Southern California)
- Cameron Bishop — Brea, CA — Brea Olinda High School
- Adriana Gonzalez — Santa Ana, CA — Hector Godinez Fundamental High (will attend Cal State Fullerton)
- Noah Johnston — Rancho Santa Margarita, CA — Trabuco Hills High School
In addition to receiving paid internships, the 225 Student Leaders from across the country will also be attending a weeklong Bank of America Student Leadership Summit in Washington, D.C. Summit activities include a service learning project and a series of interactive workshops, including Capitol Hill briefings and sessions on financial education and leadership development skills.