The Downtown Anaheim Arts District is set to launch the second year of its art walk and arts festival, “Art Crawl Experience” or simply “A.C.E.,” this Saturday, May 11, from 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM, at 205 Center Street Promenade, in Anaheim. ACE is held on the second Saturday, four times per year.
Downtown Anaheim art attractions include the CENTER GALLERY, MUZEO, the Anaheim Brewery, the Downtown Anaheim Gallery, the Promenade Gallery, ROTHICK ART HAUS, Joy Art Gallery, TNez Gallery, pop-up galleries, Art in Public Places, live artists in action and an indie craft fair.
Climb aboard the Anaheim Resort Transit (ART) shuttle for complimentary tours through ACE. A variety of local entertainers will be provided along the route on the Carnegie Plaza and Lemon Street Stage. In addition to individual gallery food tastings, there will also be a FOOD TRUCK ALLEY with culinary creations from popular food trucks.
An out of this world Art Crawl Experience themed “Alien meets Grrl” on May 11, 6pm-10pm on Center Street Promenade in Downtown Anaheim.
During the evening of an ACE, attendees stroll among outdoor permanent “art in public places,” a cascade of canopies featuring unique hand-crafted treasures and illuminated palm trees to discover artists demonstrating their creative process.
- Anne Feduk
- Gus Moran
- Loophead Designs
- My Mathematical Mind
- Natalia Duarte
- Tony Podue
INDIE CRAFT FAIR:
- Arm the Animals http://www.armtheanimals.com/
- Artisan Candle Company http://www.facebook.com/artisancandlecompany
- Be U Accessory
- Butterflies and Hummingbirds http://www.facebook.com/beatrizgarciasmall
- Carolyn’s Crafts
- CC Crated Artists www.craftedartists.com
- CindySueCrafts http://www.cindysuecrafts.com/
- Cookie’s Backyard Mosaics
- Daffodilgems Soap & Lotions http://www.daffodilgems.com/
- DiGUM Photography www.digumphoto.com
- Dina Soker http://onlygoodnessinside.com/
- Dino Perez http://www.facebook.com/introducingdino
- Down Right Epic http://www.downrightepic.com/
- February Gems http://www.facebook.com/februarygems
- Ferruzca Studios facebook.com/pages/SteamPunk-Couture-by-Ferruzca-Studios/266234233424733?ref=ts&fref=ts
- Found the Time Designs http://www.facebook.com/foundthetimedesigns
- Jessica’s Jewelry Shop http://www.facebook.com/jessicasjewelryshop
- Knitting by Charlene
- La Vaga Rosa
- Larr2000 http://www.time-in-a-bottle.com/
- Masque Ensembles http://www.facebook.com/MasqueEnsembles
- Matthew Chavarria www.matthewchavarria.com.
- My Suite Nothings http://www.mysuitenothings.blogspot.com/
- NiftyCurly http://www.niftycurly.com/
- Popsikle Shop http://www.facebook.com/popsikleshop
- Selvedge Dry Goods
- Stephen Rivers www.yessy.com/stephenrivers
- The Glass Princess and the Bead www.etsy.com/shop/jenniferwardlow
- The Lilac Leaf http://www.thelilacleaf.com/
Participating downtown eateries and shops transform their spaces into one-night pop-up galleries, and Downtown Anaheim brick-and-mortar galleries display the latest art exhibits, including Rothick Art Haus, Center Gallery, MUZEO, Joy Art Gallery and Kooi Art.
FOOD ALLEY (In Front of Anaheim Ice):
- Crepes Bonaparte
- Meringue Bake Shop
- Chomp Chomp Nation
Below are the activities, attractions, exhibits and entertainment;
The 2nd Annual UFO Crash Landing Site, an outdoor alien art exhibit, takes over the front courtyard in front of Anaheim ICE, which resembles the infamous Area 51 airplane hangar. Works on display will include Anaheim Historical Society’s replica of a 1953 Flying Sasser, Fire Monkey Gem’s alien sculptures, Kathleen Kaplan’s photo-chemical paintings, live paintings by Chris Mason, “Alien meets Grrl” acrylic live painting by Jake “Krowe” Perez and pieces from Jennifer Stratford’s Alien Zone.
Live MUSIC by SPACE CIRCUS (6pm-10pm)
Ye Olde Spyglass Institute of Dance and Enlightenment presents a band of gypsies fighting for survival after a devastating alien invasion left their world decimated and scarred. Armed with the same extra terrestrial technology that aided the defeat of their own kind, they now live as vagabonds on a planet no longer their own.
8pm May 11 at ACE’s UFO Crash Landing Site (In front of Anaheim Ice).
Grrl Fair XI, a D.I.Y. showcase promoting community and women in the arts, is coming to Anaheim, bringing with them visual artists, photographers, filmographers, DJ’s, Musicians, zine-sters, speakers and work-shoppers.
At Rothick Art Haus, Splendor Device debuts “Sleep with the Fishes” a nautical themed art extravaganza involving mermaids, sirens and everything under the sea.
The Anaheim Fall Festival Foundation will host a beer garden with Anaheim Brewery beer on tap near the main stage at Center Street Promenade, where patrons will be memorized by:
- 6pm-6:40pm Grupo Folklorico Desafio (Folkorico Dancers)
- 6:40pm-7pm Rhythm-n-Flow (Fire Dancers)
- 7pm-7:40pm Wait For Green (Reggae)
- 7:40pm-8pm Rhythm-n-Flow (Fire Dancers)
- 8pm-8:40pm N a r a n j i t a F l a m e n c o
- 8:40pm-9pm Rhythm-n-Flow (Fire Dancers)
- 9pm-9:40pm Rock of Ages (Classic Rock)
• 118 Degrees: The Art of John Viet-Triet. 118 Baristas will be slinging special art-inspired smoothies: “Mellow Monet” honeydew coconut chia and “Picasso Swirl” with pinneaple mixed berries and hemp seeds!
• Anaheim Brewery: Featured artist will be Jeremy Samson, specializing in function-able art pieces, using reclaimed wood.
• Center Gallery: Mildred Kouzel – Multi-media sculpture.
• CIM Gallery: The fine art of Catalina Island native, Jason Kuncas, will be on display on the walls of the CIM Gallery, formerly the gallery space for Sarah Bain. Kuncas paints abstract, vibrant ocean-life scenes.
• THE GOOD California Haberdashery: Barrel Fever Trio – live music
• The Gypsy Den: View the works of the Gypsy Den’s creative staff.
• Remedy Hair Shoppe: Local artist “Turbo” painting/haircutting demo at 8pm.
• HEALTHY JUNK: Vegan Pop-up Shop inside GOOD FOOD.
• HOME ECO:NOMICS: The art of Henna.
• Joy Art Gallery: Exhibit featuring students from the Visual Arts Conservatory at Orange County School of the Arts and DIY portfolio workshop.
• MUZEO: Free admission into Across the Andes.
Discounted admission into “Spies, Traitors and Saboteurs,” $5 General Admission, $10 Admission + one Spy-tini (Best Deal! Save $8!)
OC Country Dancers will perform at 6:30, 7:30, and 8:30 in Carnegie Plaza.
MUZEO’s beer garden will be located in front of the MUZEO lobby.
• Umami Burger: Anaheim resident, Maurice Turner, will have his photography on display, featuring subjects from his travels.
• Ye Olde Spyglass Institute of Dance and Enlightenment- “Night of the Gypsy” – Photographer Heather Bloom live photo-shoot at 9pm inside the studio.
• Yoga Mat: Rudite Godfrey will have her art on display. Those who arrive at 5pm can join in a free community yoga class.
“Art Crawl Experience” or simply “ACE” is a visually invigorating, tastefully titillating, and an auditory explosive art walk and arts festival that takes place from 6pm to 10pm on the second Saturday of February, May, August and November.
The crawl stretches from Anaheim Blvd., to Harbor Blvd. and along Center Street Promenade. Art lovers can walk, crawl or climb aboard the Anaheim Resort Transit (ART) for complimentary rides throughout Anaheim’s Art Crawl Experience. For more information, visit www.downtownanaheim.com/artcrawlexperience.
The Downtown Anaheim Association is a non-profit organization and a public/private partnership responsible for promoting, developing and maintaining downtown as a vibrant and diverse center, encompassing commercial, cultural, educational, recreational and government uses. DAA hosts a wide assortment of community events, such as the weekly certified farmers’ market, the quarterly Art Crawl Experience and the highly anticipated OC Fest of Ales (September).
FOR MORE INFO ON OC ART WALK:
Phone: (714) 451-6692