KOMEN ORANGE COUNTY ADDS OUTSTANDING VOLUNTEERS TO 2013-2014 BOARD, APPOINTS NEW PRESIDENT
COSTA MESA, Calif., April 18, 2013 – Susan G. Komen Orange County has announced its 2013-2014 Board of Directors to lead the organization’s efforts this year to provide local breast health services for uninsured and underserved women and men and raise funds for breast cancer research. The Komen board appointed Lynn Jolliffe, Executive VP Human Resources, Ingram Micro, Inc. as new board president and also added two new members.
“Since joining the board in 2011, I have seen Komen Orange County spearhead a number of breast health initiatives and help spur technological advances through its fundraising,” said Jolliffe. “I look forward to leading many of the organization’s efforts this year, including the Komen tissue bank drive in November, the first healthy breast tissue drive west of the Mississippi to help accelerate research and breast cancer prevention.”
New to the Board of Directors are two volunteers honored last year for their outstanding dedication to Komen Orange County:
· Doug McKay served on the 2012 Race for the Cure committee and recruited a team of young volunteers to cheer on Race participants at the finish line and bring more youth into the mission. He is Macy’s Orange County district grant chair and operations manager at Macy’s in Brea.
· Breast cancer survivor Judie Vivian is the founder of Standup for the Cure, a stand-up paddle boarding fundraising event in Newport Beach to help underinsured women receive a mammogram through Komen Orange County. The organization was launched last year and raised $60,000 with more than 700 attendees setting a Guinness World Record. This year’s Standup for the Cure event will be held on Saturday, May 4.
“We’re fortunate to be adding two new incredible Orange County community members to our board this year, and we look forward to having their selfless dedication as part of an existing team of esteemed leaders,” said Lisa Wolter, executive director of Komen Orange County. “As we support Komen’s mission to advance breast health initiatives and save lives, it’s critical to have the right stewards in place, and I’m very excited for the new board we have installed.”
McKay and Vivian join an existing board that in 2012-2013 championed year-round endeavors, including local breast health outreach and major fundraising events such as the Pink Tie Ball and Race for the Cure®. The complete 2013-2014 board includes:
- Lynn Jolliffe, Executive VP Human Resources, Ingram Micro, Inc. (President Elect)
- Sue Parks, President, Walkstyles (Past President)
- Gretchen Valentine, Managing Director, RSM McGladrey (Treasurer)
- Carrie Bollwinkle, Executive Director, Employees Community Fund of Boeing California (Secretary)
- Regino Diaz, Senior Vice President, Bank of America
- Dennis Kuhl, President, Angels of Anaheim, and 2008 Pink Tie Guy
- Lynn Salo, Vice President, Plastic Surgery, Allergan Medical
- Lisa E. Guerra, MD, Hoag Hospital
- Sora Park Tanjasiri, Dr. Ph.D., MPH, California State University, Fullerton
- Sol Reyes Roberts, Retired RN, Latina Nurses Association
- Doug McKay, Operations Manager, Macy’s
- Judie Vivian, Founder, Standup for the Cure
About Susan G. Komen®
Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Suzy, she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer. Today, Susan G. Komen® works to end breast cancer in the U.S. and throughout the world by investing more than $750 million in breast cancer research and $1.5 billion in community outreach programs over the past 30 years; providing funding to help low-income and uninsured women get screened and get treatment; advocating for cancer research and outreach programs; and working globally in more than 30 countries. Visit komen.org. Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.