Does Quirk-Silva know what district she is running for? The 65th Assembly District does not include even one block of Santa Ana. The 65th Assembly District includes parts of these cities: Continue reading
Six years ago California’s unemployment rate peaked at 12.2 percent. It is now done to a more reasonable 6.1%. California has created more than 1.5 million non-farm jobs since our last financial crisis, a growth driven primarily by the technology sector and other high-wage industries. But how is Anaheim doing?
To help California residents and inbound migrants find the best cities for employment, WalletHub analysts compared 250 cities in the state across 16 key metrics to determine the best and worst California cities in which to find a new job.
Here are some of the key findings of the new WalletHub jobs study with regards to cities in Orange County (note that you will have to scroll down quite a bit to find how Anaheim ranked): Continue reading
A 40-year-old Santa Ana man named Ignacio Hernandez was charged this Tuesday with molesting two girls in Santa Ana and Anaheim, in the summer of 2011 and 2013, according to the O.C. Register.
Hernandez is being held in lieu of $1 million bail pending arraignment on Nov. 6. He knew a relative of the victims, according to the SAPD. One of the alleged incidents took place in Anaheim and the other in Santa Ana. Continue reading
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Soham Pandit, (267) 391-8512, email@example.com
Bao Nguyen Announces Candidacy for Congress in CA-46
Garden Grove Mayor running to replace Loretta Sanchez
SANTA ANA, CA – Bao Nguyen today announced his candidacy for Congress in California’s 46th district. Bao, whose family emigrated from Vietnam, has devoted his career to the citizens of the district, serving as a teacher, running for school board and most recently, serving as the Mayor of Garden Grove.
“I’m excited to announce that I will be running for Congress in the place I have always called home. I can’t wait to take my passion, and the passions of so many others around me, to bring reform to Washington, D.C,” said Mayor Bao Nguyen on Tuesday.
Born in a Thailand refugee camp, Bao and his family arrived to the United States when he was only three months of age. His parents emigrated to the U.S. to ensure that their children would be provided with the opportunities that they otherwise would not have been given in Vietnam. Continue reading
Two men and a teenage girl were shot in their legs Sunday night at around 10:30 pm., while they were inside a home’s garage in the 1600 block of South Ivanhoe Street, in Anaheim, near James Madison Elementary School, according to the O.C. Register.
The attack appeared to be unprovoked, according to Anaheim Police.
The victims told police that a person walked up to the garage, which had a partially opened door, and began firing a gun at the trio. Continue reading
The Orange County Mosquito and Vector Control District has bowed to massive public pressure and canceled their plans to spray chemicals on our homes for the remainder of the 2015 mosquito season.
The same thing happened last year. In both cases there was bad weather that contributed to the Vector Control District’s downfall. But this time public pressure accelerated very quickly.
Concerned Orange County residents are gathering today, September 8, 2015, at 4 pm, at the offices of the Orange County Vector Control District to protest the scheduled spraying of a chemical poison on our households that is set to take place this week on Tuesday and Wednesday over the cities of Orange, Tustin, Villa Park and portions of Anaheim, Fountain Valley, Garden Grove, Santa Ana and Stanton between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m.
The O.C. Vector Control District is located at 13001 Garden Grove Blvd., in Garden Grove. News crews from several local TV and radio stations will be there to witness the protest. If you cannot be there you can still call the Vector Control District and complain at (714) 971-2421 or (949) 654-2421. Continue reading
Here we go again. The Orange County Mosquito and Vector Control District has announced that they are going to be conducting aerial spraying of a chemical poison over the cities of Orange, Tustin, Villa Park and portions of Anaheim, Fountain Valley, Garden Grove, Santa Ana and Stanton between 10 p.m. and 4 a.m. on Wednesday, September 9, and Thursday, September 10, 2015 (weather permitting).
The chemical is called Duet. This is a mosquito control product registered for use by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). That said it is a terrible idea to spray this product. Duet is highly toxic to other insects, such as bees. It is also deadly to fish. Continue reading
ORANGE COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY PRESS RELEASE
Date: July 31, 2015
SANTA ANA, Calif. – The Orange County District Attorney’s Office (OCDA) convicted five men in July 2015 of agreeing to engage in prostitution. The defendants in these cases approached a woman whom they believed to be a prostitute in areas known for prostitution and human trafficking in Orange County. Each of the defendants below agreed to engage in commercial sex with a woman and were subsequently arrested by law enforcement.
- Dean Gilbert Chance, 52, Huntington Beach. Pleaded guilty to one misdemeanor count of agreeing to engage in prostitution with a prior conviction for one misdemeanor count of agreeing to engage in prostitution in 2012. Accepted a court offer of 45 days in jail, three years of informal probation, and must submit to AIDS testing and education.
- Kianoush Moghtaderzadeh Hosseini, 41, Irvine. Was convicted by a jury of one misdemeanor count of agreeing to engage in prostitution. Sentencing scheduled for Aug. 10, 2015.
- Saul Rivera Mendoza, 33, Anaheim. Pleaded guilty to one misdemeanor count of agreeing to engage in prostitution. Ten days of CalTrans in lieu of jail, three years of informal probation, must submit to AIDS testing and education, and must provide a DNA sample.
- Derick Paul Penner, 32, Garden Grove. Pleaded guilty to one misdemeanor count of agreeing to engage in prostitution. Accepted a court offer of ten days of voluntary community service in lieu of jail, three years of informal probation, and must submit to AIDS testing and education.
- Damian Santos Zamudio, 38, Santa Ana. Pleaded guilty to one misdemeanor count of agreeing to engage in prostitution. Thirty days of CalTrans in lieu of jail, three years of informal probation, must submit to AIDS testing and education, and must provide a DNA sample.