FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Case # 18NF3242
Date: November 26, 2018
SANTA ANA, Calif. – A man was charged today with the murder of a 70-year-old woman in Anaheim.
Defendant: Michael Carl Hallgren, 64, Anaheim
Charged on Nov. 26, 2018, with the following:
- One felony count of murder
- Sentencing Enhancements:
- Personal use of a knife
- Prior conviction for robbery in Los Angeles in 2001
Maximum Sentence: 51 years to life in state prison
Continued arraignment on Dec. 14, 2018, at 10:00 a.m. at Department CJ-1, Central Jail, Santa Ana
Circumstances of the Case
- On Nov. 20, 2018, Hallgren is accused of attacking 70-year-old Lucinda Palma inside a residence in Anaheim.
- Anaheim Police Department (APD), who investigated this case, responded to the residence and found the victim deceased.
- APD arrested the defendant at the scene.
Prosecutor: Senior Deputy District Attorney Janine Madera, Homicide Unit