FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Case # 18NF0707
Date: August 31, 2018
SANTA ANA, Calif. – An assistant varsity softball coach was sentenced to six months in jail for furnishing marijuana smoking with minor softball players.
Tiffani Lee Aguirre, 22, Anaheim
Pleaded guilty to the court on Aug. 31, 2018 to the following counts:
- (3) Furnishing marijuana to a minor
- Contributing to the delinquency of a minor
- (3) Unlawful transportation, importation, sale or gift of marijuana
- Six months in Orange County Jail
- Three years formal probation
Circumstances of the Case
- At the time of the crime, Aguirre was an assistant varsity softball coach at a high school in Anaheim.
- On or about March 17, 2017, the defendant is accused of driving three minor softball players, Jane Doe 1, Jane Doe 2, and Jane Doe 3, to a park in Buena Park, furnishing marijuana to the victims and smoking it with them in her vehicle.
- Between May 1, 2017 and May 31, 2017, Aguirre is further accused of furnishing and smoking marijuana with Jane Doe 1 and Jane Doe 2 on two occasions in Newport Beach.
- On Aug. 18, 2017, a staff member at the victims’ high school contacted Anaheim Police Department (APD) to report concerns about the defendant.
- APD investigated this case.
Prosecutor: Deputy District Attorney Claudia Alvarez, Special Prosecutions Unit.