ORANGE COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY NEWS RELEASE
Case # 13CF3891
SANTA ANA, Calif. – A man was convicted by a jury today of sexually assaulting two women and kidnapping and robbing a third in mall, fast food, and church parking lots.
Defendant: Raymond Martin Boykin, 21, Anaheim
Convicted of Felony Counts:
- (3) Forcible oral copulation
- Assault with intent to commit a sexual offense
- Second degree robbery
- Unlawful taking of a vehicle
- Evading while driving recklessly
- Sentencing Enhancements: Personal use of a deadly weapon, Multiple victims
Maximum Sentence: 60 years to life in state prison
Sentencing: Aug. 25, 2017, 1:30 p.m. at Department W-9, West Justice Center, Westminster
Circumstances of the Case
- At approximately 3:00 a.m. on Dec. 7, 2013, Boykin kidnapped Jane Doe 3 as she walked down Chapman Avenue in Orange by pulling her into a Weinerschnitzel parking lot.
- The defendant stole the victim’s phone before fleeing the scene.
- Jane Doe 3 reported the crime to Orange Police Department, who investigated and collected forensic evidence.
- At approximately 5:15 p.m. on Dec. 11, 2013, Boykin approached 19-year-old Jane Doe 1 in a parking structure at MainPlace Mall in Santa Ana.
- The defendant forced his way into the victim’s car, assaulted the victim with a weapon, sexually assaulted her, and stole her purse, then fled the scene.
- The case was reported to and investigated by the Santa Ana Police Department.
- At approximately 6:15 a.m. on Dec. 13, 2013, Boykin approached 42-year-old Jane Doe 2 in the parking lot of Sa Rang Community Church in Anaheim.
- The defendant forced his way into her car, assaulted the victim with a weapon, and sexually assaulted her, then stole Jane Doe 2’s car and fled the scene.
- The case was reported to and investigated by the Anaheim Police Department (APD).
- At approximately 10:30 a.m. on Dec. 13, 2013, Boykin was observed by an APD officer driving in the stolen vehicle.
- The defendant led officers in a pursuit before crashing into another vehicle and fleeing on foot.
- Boykin hid in a nearby apartment, where he was located by police canines and arrested.
- The defendant was linked to Jane Doe 3 through forensic evidence after his arrest.
Senior Deputy District Attorney Whitney Bokosky of the Sexual Assault Unit is prosecuting this case.
TONY RACKAUCKAS, District Attorney
Susan Kang Schroeder, Chief of Staff
Michelle Van Der Linden,Spokesperson