Tree lighting events in Anaheim this weekend
ANAHEIM, Calif. (Dec. 3, 2015) Attending a tree lighting ceremony with family and friends is a fun and festive way to kick off the holiday season, and this weekend residents have two chances to enjoy Christmas cheer. Both events will include music, crafts, photos with Santa and, of course, the spectacular tree lighting moments. So let’s bundle up and enjoy an evening or two together during this special time of year.
Hosted by the West Anaheim Neighborhood Development Council
Twila Reid Park
Friday, Dec. 4, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Holiday music and a bonfire
- Photos with Santa
- Crafts for children
- Canned food drive
- Food for purchase
- A booth on Anaheim’s planning initiative to enhance Beach Boulevard – the Beach Boulevard Specific Plan. Take a survey for a chance to win prizes!
Hosted by the Downtown Anaheim Association
Downtown Anaheim on Center Street
Saturday, Dec. 5, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- More than 20 holiday craft activities
- A real snow play area
- Children’s train ride
- Free photos with Santa
- Holiday musical performances
- A holiday shopping village with more than 40 booths
- An international food fair
- Free admission to the MUZEO’s holiday model train exhibit
- At 5:45 p.m., the Loara High School Marching Band will lead a processional down Center Street to the 50 foot Christmas tree, lit by Anaheim Ducks mascot Wild Wing, with musical performances by the Anaheim Ballet and combined choirs from the Anaheim Union High School District
For more information on the City of Anaheim, please visit www.anaheim.net.
ABOUT ANAHEIM -The City of Anaheim, founded in 1857, is one of the nation’s premier municipalities and is one of California’s most populous cities. Anaheim covers 50 square miles with more than 351,000 residents and more than 2,900 City employees. The municipal corporation’s annual budget is $1.7 billion. Anaheim supports a thriving business community with companies such as: Carl Karcher Enterprises, Inc.; L-3 Communications; Pacific Sunwear; and Disneyland Resort. Successful sports franchises call Anaheim home, including: Angels Baseball; Anaheim Ducks; the U.S. Men’s National Volleyball Team, and the 2012 Olympic Games Silver Medal winning U.S. Women’s National Volleyball Team. Anaheim also boasts world-class meeting and entertainment venues with: The Anaheim Convention Center, LEED-certified and the largest on the west coast; Honda Center; City National Grove of Anaheim; Anaheim GardenWalk; Angel Stadium of Anaheim; and ARTIC (Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center). In addition, Anaheim embraces its vibrant cultural arts community, including the world-renowned Anaheim Ballet. Annually, Anaheim welcomes more than 25 million visitors to the City, truly making it where the world comes to live, work and play. For more information, please visit www.anaheim.net.