FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media contact: Ruth Ruiz, (714) 765-5060 office, (714) 420-7797 mobile
TRAFFIC ADVISORY FOR THE ANAHEIM RESORT BEGINNING EARLY FRIDAY MORNING THRU THE WEEKEND, FOR THE DISNEYLAND RESORT 24-HOUR DAY AND 60TH ANNIVERSARY KICK-OFF CELEBRATION
ANAHEIM, CA (May 21, 2015) Please be advised of additional traffic in The Anaheim Resort this Friday morning and throughout the weekend as Disneyland Resort hosts its annual 24-hour day beginning Friday, May 22 at 6 a.m., as well as the kick-off for its 60th anniversary celebration. Residents, businesses and guests to Anaheim are advised to plan accordingly.
Please follow the directional signs when traveling through The Anaheim Resort, as staff is committed to getting commuters to their destination as quickly as possible.
Event attendees also have the option and convenience of utilizing public transportation at ARTIC and the ART shuttle service.
• Guests can take the train to ARTIC, then take the ART shuttle bus to Disneyland Resort.
• Guests can also park their cars at ARTIC, lot C, and take the ART shuttle bus to Disneyland Resort. Parking at ARTIC is free (space permitting), and lot C will be open 6 a.m. Friday, May 22 – 6 a.m. Saturday, May 23.
• Entrance to ARTIC parking lot C is at Katella Ave. and Sportstown Way – adjacent to City National Grove of Anaheim.
• The ART shuttle bus costs $5 per adult (ages 9-and-older) for a round trip ticket, and $2 for children ages 3-9, seniors and disabled. Children 2-and-under can ride for free.
• ART shuttle service will pick up guests at ARTIC beginning Friday, May 22 at 5:30 a.m. thru Saturday, May 23 at 1 a.m., and resume operations at 7 a.m. that day
• The ART ticket pass can be purchased at ARTIC, at the ticket vending machine located on the first floor just past the escalator.
• The ART bus bay is located on the east side of ARTIC.
• There could be a slight delay due to heavy commuter traffic, so please plan accordingly. Complete routes, fares and schedules for ART’s year-round service is available at www.rideart.org.
ARTIC is located at 2626 E. Katella Ave., Anaheim, CA 92806.
In addition to Anaheim City News emails, the City will utilize its Facebook and Twitter pages as well as Anaheim Alert should urgent and timely information need to be disseminated quickly.
As with any major sporting event, concert, convention or combination thereof in Anaheim, the City is committed to providing its residents, businesses and guests information for an enjoyable experience and a minimal interruption for all.
Disneyland Resort has created a webpage specific to the 24-hour event, with details on regular parking, overflow parking, traffic flow instructions, early arrivals, additional shuttle service and more. Please click here for more details.
For more information on the City of Anaheim, please visit www.anaheim.net.
ABOUT ANAHEIM –The City of Anaheim, founded in 1857, is one of the nation’s premier municipalities and is one of California’s most populous cities. Anaheim covers 50 square miles with more than 348,000 residents and more than 2,900 City employees. The municipal corporation’s annual budget is $1.6 billion. Anaheim supports a thriving business community with companies such as: Carl Karcher Enterprises, Inc.; L-3 Communications; Pacific Sunwear; and Disneyland Resort. Successful sports franchises call Anaheim home, including: Angels Baseball; Anaheim Ducks; the U.S. Men’s National Volleyball Team, and the 2012 Olympic Games Silver Medal winning U.S. Women’s National Volleyball Team. Anaheim also boasts world-class meeting and entertainment venues with: The Anaheim Convention Center, LEED-certified and the largest on the west coast; Honda Center; City National Grove of Anaheim; Anaheim GardenWalk; Angel Stadium of Anaheim; and ARTIC (Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center). In addition, Anaheim embraces its vibrant cultural arts community, including the world-renowned Anaheim Ballet. Annually, Anaheim welcomes more than 20 million visitors to the City, truly making it where the world comes to live, work and play. For more information, please visit www.anaheim.net.