“With students out of school, parents should encourage their children to participate in healthy activities,” said Senator Correa. “This community event will provide important community resources and entertainment for all ages,” declared Senator Correa.
The event will take place: Saturday, August 17, 2013 10:00 am – 1:00 pm Ponderosa Park, 2100 Haster Street, in the City of Anaheim.
The program will include:
- Opening remarks on obesity prevention & physical fitness
- Fun & free fitness activities for the whole family
- An opportunity to learn & experience ANAHEIM DUCKS hockey exercises & games
- Free health screenings & information for the entire family.
- Valuable state and local resources on health education & obesity prevention.
During the Family Fitness Day, families will be able to participate in hockey activities, health care screenings including vital sign check-ups and BMI testing. Healthy refreshments and foods will also be provided along with an opportunity to win opportunity drawings.
The Anaheim Family Fitness Day is a collaborative effort between Senator Lou Correa, Assemblyman Tom Daly, the City of Anaheim, the Ponderosa Park Family Resource Center, and the Anaheim Ducks.
For more information about this event, please contact Senator Correa’s District Office at (714) 558-4400.
Senator Correa proudly represents the 34th Senate District which includes the cities of Anaheim, Buena Park, Fullerton, Garden Grove, Santa Ana, Stanton, and Westminster.