For the third year, the Downtown Anaheim Arts District will host the Art Crawl Experience, or simply “ACE,” on Saturday, August 10, 2013, from 6 pm to 10 pm. This free art walk and arts festival will feature downtown galleries, an indie crafts/live artists fair, live entertainment, gourmet food trucks, fresh eateries and new boutiques.
Also – Swingin’ on the Promenade is returning tonight for an amazing evening of art, swing dancing, big band, craft beers and food trucks! Plus a 1940’s Pin-up Photography exhibit by Britt Dietz.
ACTIVITIES LISTED WEST TO EAST:
GPS: 170 S. Harbor Blvd
• Ye Olde Spyglass Institute of Dance and Enlightenment – Artwork by Miguel Borbolla http://www.miguelborbolla.com/
• DOMAIN Photography Studio- Photography of Robert Duron
• Rothick art haus-The PopZilla Gallery presents opening night reception of Mega Mou$e! An art show tribute to an Empire that Started with a Mouse.
• Joy Art Gallery-
211 W Center Street Promenade
♥ Food trucks
- Cousins Maine Lobster
- Frijolitos Mobile Coffee
- Macho Nachos
♥ Live Music by Coco and the Phat Cats and The Rockabillys
CENTER STREET PROMENADE SHOPS & RESTAURANTS
GPS:143-211 W Center St Promenade
• The Gypsy Den-Fundraiser with live Jazz Music by RYTMO
• Yoga Mat-
-Free Yoga Class 5:15-6:15p
-Artwork by James Estrada
• HOME ECO:NOMICS
• 118 Degrees
• HEALTHY JUNK: Vegan Pop-up Shop inside GOOD FOOD.
• JUNK BAR- OC’s only vegan-organic beer/wine bar!
• THE GOOD California Haberdashery
• Heart & Sole
• Barbeer- LIVE DJ
• Remedy Hair Shoppe-$10 Braid up styles
CENTER STREET PROMENADE & LEMON
GPS:201 W Center St Promenade
Join us for the 15th Annual Swingin’ on the Promenade: swing dance event in Downtown Anaheim.
Highlights include a free dance lesson from Atomic Ballroom (6pm-6:30pm), live music by Adam Tunney & the 5-punch Combo, a live dance demo by Atomic Swing Dance Team, DJ Vintage Pete, a 40×40 dance floor under the stars, a craft beer garden (featuring Anaheim Brewery’s Muzeo Anaheim 1888 and the Gold by Anaheim Historical Society, 1940’s art, classic cars and more!
Pin-up and Aviation art by: Moments Capture Photography – Britt Dietz Photography
CENTER STREET PROMENADE LIVE ARTISTS and CRAFT
- Artisan Candle Company
- BuGor Gala
- Carolyn’s Crafts
- CC Crafted Artists/The Kandy Jar
- Daffodilgems Soap & Lotions
- DiGUM Photography
- Dino Perez
- Down Right Epic
- Ferruzca Studios
- Flock Shop
- Found the Time Designs
- Jay-Kei Designs
- Jessica’s Jewelry Shop
- John Hill Photography
- Knitting by Charlene
- Krafty Klementine
- La Vaga Rosa
- Photography by Patrice
- Picture a Go Go
- Popsikle Shop
- Stephen Rivers
- The Glass Princess and the Bead
- The Lilac Leaf
- Trail’s End Collection
- Windsday Homemade
- Catalyst-Art Supply Warehouse
- Dietz Dolls Vintage Pinup Photography
- Gus Moran
- Jake “Krowe” Perez
- Loophead Designs
- My Mathematical Mind
- Tony Podue
GPS: 241 S Anaheim Blvd
• CIM Gallery- Fine Art
• MUZEO- Spytini Lounge and Beer & Wine Garden
♥ 6:30-7pm Live Performance by Chance Theatre
♥ 7-10pm Live entertainment by Space Circus
♥ 7-7:30 Live Belly Dancers by Spyglass Dance Company
♥ 8-8:30pm and 9-9:30pm Live Fire Dancing Spyglass Dance Company
GPS: 250 Center Street
• Center Gallery- “Opposing Views, Shared Vision” and the artists are Chris Maya and Alone Larson
ANAHEIM PACKING DISTRICT-
GPS: 338 S. Anaheim Blvd.
• Anaheim Brewery- Artwork by Ernest Dawson
• Umami Burger- Woodwork Art by Ron Haigler
“Art Crawl Experience” or simply “ACE” is a visually invigorating, tastefully titillating, and an auditory explosive art walk and arts festival that takes place from 6pm to 10pm on the second Saturday of February, May, August and November.
The crawl stretches from Anaheim Blvd., to Harbor Blvd. and along Center Street Promenade. Art lovers can walk, crawl or climb aboard the Anaheim Resort Transit (ART) for complimentary rides throughout Anaheim’s Art Crawl Experience. For more information, visit www.downtownanaheim.com/artcrawlexperience.
About the Downtown Anaheim Association
The Downtown Anaheim Association is a non-profit organization and a public/private partnership responsible for promoting, developing and maintaining downtown as a vibrant and diverse center, encompassing commercial, cultural, educational, recreational and government uses. DAA hosts a wide assortment of community events, such as the weekly certified farmers’ market, the quarterly Art Crawl Experience and the highly anticipated OC Fest of Ales (September).