For Immediate Release:
WORKING-CLASS ANAHEIM NEIGHBORHOODS SAY “ENOUGH” TO POLICE BRUTALITY AND HARASSMENT
WHEN: Wednesday May 22, 2013, 11 AM – directly following the weekly Los Amigos meeting
WHERE: Jägerhaus German Restaurant, 2525 East Ball Road at 57 Fwy, Anaheim, CA 92806
- Donna Acevedo, mother of Joel Acevedo
- Genevieve Huizar, mother of Manuel Diaz
- Sonia Hernandez, sister of Martin Hernandez
- Yesenia Rojas, Anna Drive neighborhood activist
- Alex Salazar, former LA policeman and investigator
- Young people and children from the affected neighborhoods.
WHAT DO WE WANT:
At the least, for the officers who have killed to be re-assigned to other areas of the City.
A respectful dialogue with the new leadership of the department.
Respectful treatment from the police assigned to our neighborhoods.
An end to certain practices geared toward snaring young Latino men into the system.
More details to be provided Wednesday!
Contact: Donna Acevedo, 714-235-8376; firstname.lastname@example.org.