FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 25, 2013
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Joel Zlotnik, OCTA, (714) 560-5713, Yvonne Washington, Caltrans, (949) 724-2644
Final Stretch of Improvements Along SR-91 To Break Ground
WHAT: The Orange County Transportation Authority and Caltrans will break ground on a $64 million freeway project that will add a 4-mile westbound lane on the Riverside Freeway (SR-91) between the Orange Freeway (SR-57) and Santa Ana Freeway (I-5).
The project is the third segment in a series of improvements that has added 18 new miles of lanes to the SR-91 since December 2010.
WHEN: 2 p.m., Wednesday, May 1
WHERE: 1461 N. Daly Street, Anaheim CA 92806
- Greg Winterbottom, OCTA Chairman
- Shawn Nelson, OCTA Director and 4th District Supervisor
- Gail Eastman, OCTA Director and Anaheim City Councilmember
- Ryan Chamberlain, Caltrans District 12 Director
- Darrell Johnson, OCTA Chief Executive Officer
WHY: In addition to adding a new westbound lane, the project will widen six bridges and reconfigure on- and off-ramps to improve entering and exiting the freeway.
It is funded through a combination of Measure M, the half-cent sales tax for transportation improvements in Orange County and state dollars.
The two segments previously completed along the SR-91 include:
- A new eastbound lane between the Eastern Toll Road (SR-241) and Corona Freeway (SR-71), which was completed in December 2010.
- A new lane in each direction between the Costa Mesa Freeway (SR-55) and SR-241, which was completed in February 2013.
# # #